Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Short Story
In my short story I am going to write about a girl named Ashley Danielle Houghton. She is 14 years old and lives in a suburb right outside New York City and goes to North Middle School. Her house is right near the woods and there is a small brooke in her backyard. One day, she was outside playing with her 5 year old brother named Luke and they heard a rattling noise inside the brush. Out came a rattlesnake that was 5 ft long. She was so scared and it was coming after Luke so she picked him up and the rattlesnake bit her in the leg. She had to go to the emergency room and had to get the venom out before it spread too much and killed her. Ashley ends up having to sleepover and get special treatments at the hospital for many days. She keeps having complications with her medication, but she eventually gets the right remedy and is healed after many weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for posting, Madelyn! What other complications might your main character face, aside from the rattlesnake bite?
ReplyDeleteMadelyn,
ReplyDeleteYour story sounds really cool. I wanted to know if Luke suffers any injuries like Ashley. Does he get bitten also, or just his sister? And I also wondered if her parents are close by to take her to the hospital or does she have to wait. Great idea!
-Jules : )
Madelyn,
ReplyDeleteYour story sound really good and I can't wait to read the rest. I was wondering if her family ever came in when she was at the hospital and if her brother was ok.
Hi Madelyn, I really like your storyline. Does Ashley recover mentally from what happened? It was pretty scary I'll bet. What things does she like to do, and are they involved as she heals? (ex: if she likes to hang out with her friends, do they visit her in the hospital?) I agree with Julianna, what happened to her brother? This is a cool beginning and I can't wait to read it when it's done :)
ReplyDeletethis is interesting but you kind of gave away the whole story. what other complications might she have?
ReplyDeleteThank you for all the great ideas. I think that as another complication she might have is that her mom and dad aren't home when she gets bitten so Luke is the only one who can try to save her. Luke doesn't get injured, just Ashley. When she is at the hospital her friends do come to visit her and they spend a lot of time with her because they don't want her to be lonely while she is recovering. Another complication is that after Ashley gets bit and she is finally recovered at home Luke will be complaining about his arm that he has been crying about for a while, but since he is the youngest his parents think he just wants the attention since Ashley is getting most of it, and when they went to the hospital for Ashley's bite Luke gets checked too so his parents think it's nothing. Luke is going to end up having a broken arm and needs surgery to fix it. The family will end up all be healthy at the end.
ReplyDeleteI think your story is really interesting and suspenseful. What ever happened to the brother or the parents, and what happened to her on the way to the hospital? I think that is a great story!
ReplyDelete-Grace